WILL™ universal ink layer framework is the fastest, simplest way to add digital ink to any type of app. It connects hardware and software providing intuitive and high quality digital inking.
With WILL™, we bring Wacom’s heritage and expertise of high quality pen and ink technology to our partners and independent developers. Designed as a modular set, each of the single WILL™ SDKs offers great options – combine them and you will find nearly limitless solutions to enhance your apps and products with innovative digital ink features.
Currently, there are three SDKs to choose from, five more will be launched during 2017.
Tested and Proven
Remove risk, decrease development time, and reduce costs to implement a significant new feature. Don't reinvent the wheel: enhance your apps, software, service or products with Wacom's advanced inking technology WILL™ – there is a tested and proven WILL™ SDK ready for you.
We fully support and help with the implementation of the technology in more complex environments. Experienced developers from the WILL™ team can answer any questions you have during your integration, all at no cost. For more hands-on integration support, we can also work alongside your engineers. Contact us for pricing information.
To get started, register for your Wacom ID, sign the required legal agreement, and get started with your new digital ink application. The WILL™ SDK editions are available now free for evaluation.
The WILL™ SDK for ink allows you to include premium digital inking features in your applications. Its modularized architecture allows each module to be configured, replaced, or omitted as required by the specific application, providing you with superior flexibility. You can also use the WILL file format (.will) to exchange ink content between applications and platforms.
The WILL™ data format is similar to SVG, but is specifically designed to accommodate digital ink content. It is used for exchanging ink content between devices and applications, and is implemented as an open and extensible binary format. Note that the main modules of the WILL software library do not rely on a specific file format. You can use InkML, SVG, PNG or others to exchange handwritten content, according to an application’s specific requirements.
WILL™ supports a variety of input technologies and generates the best possible ink through the use of these modules:
• Path generation and Smoothing taking into account the specific characteristics of each input type, including the pen movement and pressure
• Rasterizer providing advanced real-time stroke rendering
• Manipulation supporting editing functions that leverage the WILL stroke mathematical model
• Serialization encoding: encodes and decodes WILL stroke data
The WILL™ SDK for ink provides platform-specific packages for iOS, Android, Windows UWP and Web. These packages provide a deep integration with the hosting platform by using native packaging and programming techniques and by providing platform-specific language bindings for all modules in the software library. Additional integration can be supported on request under a high-profile partnership contract.
• WILL SDK - integrate digital ink in your application, parse and serialize ink data to
the WILL file format
• Documentation, including sample code
The CDL is designed as one library with is capable of handling different types of pen input device. Besides Wacom Device also third-party device an touch input will be considered. There are several advantages of this concept:
• Less implementation effort for developers; integration of only one library, support for several pen input devices
• Flexibility as even Non-Wacom devices are supported
• CDL has the option to receive RAW data as received from the device, allowing the developer to take full advantage of the WILL system for high quality front-end and UI without sacrificing original data for internal / back-end usage
• Smooth integration of WILL format, which is an enabler for Wacom's ecosystem around digital ink
• Common Device Library:
• Capture pen data from Wacom Smartpad devices: Bamboo Slate / Folio / Spark, Wacom Clipboard, and Intuos Pro: Paper Edition
• Comprehensive documentation, including sample code
The WILL™ SDK for documents supports the handling of forms that contain digital ink information like handwritten text or signatures.
The SDK contains the Ink document metadata Library, which handles meta-data used in ink documents:
• Ink forms fields metadata:
Differentiates between text and signature ink fields
For form filling use cases
• Mapping of unique page ids to template pages in the PDF
• Device information of the form capturing device
• Content ink data stored as RAW data or compressed as WILL data
• Biometric signature data stored as FSS
In combination with the WILL™ SDK for devices, WILL™ SDK for signature, and digital ink hardware like the Wacom Clipboard; Wacom offers an end-to-end solution for form filling, document, and signature workflows.
• Ink document metadata Library - handling ink form metadata
• Documentation, including sample code
The WILL™ SDK for signature allows you to integrate support for Wacom signature pads or pen displays into your applications to enhance the capture and display of signatures for applications like banking, credit cards and other identity capture uses. Even after hundreds of thousands of transactions text and images remain clearly on the screen thanks to Wacom’s SDK and signature pads.
The Signature SDK includes the tools necessary for enabling applications to capture biometric handwritten signatures with STU series, pen displays, pen tablets and mobile devices – operating with Windows, iOS or Android. The SDK requires minimal effort to integrate, and automatically renders digital ink, displays dialog boxes, and captures full biometric signature data.
The Wacom SigCaptX Library is an extension of the Windows Wacom Signature SDK. SigCaptX contains components which allow a signature enabled web application to be used in a range of browsers. It has been tested with Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
• Signature SDK - FSS signature capture and handling
• Documentation, including sample code
• STU & DTU SDKs are included in WILL SDK for devices
Perfected and improved for over 30 years, loved by artist and professionals everywhere, Wacom’s unique digital pen technology enables precise and natural input that lets users focus on what really matters: their ideas and creations.
From our unique EMR (Electro-Magnetic Resonance) technology, to best-in-class Active and Passive Electrostatic solutions: We are committed to bringing the Wacom feelTM to every class of device and market segment.
Contact Sales to get more information on how to integrate feel into your new or existing product.
The Wacom Device Kit delivers the raw pen position, pressure and timing data that you need to integrate Wacom devices into your applications. It consists of the following five elements:
An input library for capturing pen data from all STU-series signature pads on Windows and Linux platforms.
An input API for capturing data from Wacom tablets and pen displays running Windows and OSX. Compatible tablets and displays include:
• Intuos, Intuos 4, Intuos 5 and Intuos Pro display tablets
• Cintiq and Cintiq Companion devices
• ExpressKey Remote devices
• Wacom MobileStudio Pro, Cintiq Pro and Intuos Pro devices
An input API for integrating pen technology with applications running on Android.
These APIs enable you to build applications that utilize the powerful finger detection and location capabilities of Wacom touch tablets. This stream of finger information can be used to create unique application features, including custom gestures or direct on screen manipulation.
This input SDK enables discovery of and connection to stylus devices, and the receipt of raw pressure and button state data. It also includes functionality to enable Touch Rejection, so that users can maintain a natural handwriting position without disturbing the digital canvas.
The SDK includes support for the following styli:
• Intuos® Creative Stylus
• Intuos® Creative Stylus 2
• Bamboo Stylus fineline
• Bamboo Fineline 2
• Bamboo Fineline